EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callbacks in driver edition

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 02/18/2007 06:02:43
by Josh Sanford (Standard support level)

Are callback events supported in the driver version? All of the documentation I've seen states that it does, but I can not get any events to work correctly (except for the OnProgress event).

The encryption events, which are the main events that I wish to use, never seem to get called.

The file events are called but I can't get them to work correctly. Is there an example on how to implement these events properly?

Thanks
Posted: 02/18/2007 07:49:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Storage-related callbacks work. As for encryption/compression - I am not sure if we implemented them or left for future. The developer will answer. It's a question of a day or two to implement them, however use of those callbacks will slow down operations dramatically. If you tell me why use the callbacks, I would possible be able to offer you some solution or give some hint.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/18/2007 17:47:55

If you tell me why use the callbacks, I would possible be able to offer you some solution or give some hint.

I have a readonly storage that I am using to store a couple of dll files. It would be nice if I could compile the storage as a resource in the application, then open it as a resource stream.
Posted: 02/19/2007 00:57:25

got it. I thought you need some custom encryption, that's why I asked. Storage callbacks must work. I will ask the developers to create some kind of sample.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/19/2007 06:32:55

I thought you need some custom encryption

Custom encryption would be nice, but if it's going to slow down operations dramatically, I'm not sure I would use it. I would like to see it implemented though.

Thank you,
Josh
Posted: 02/23/2007 02:26:01

There are some problems with encryption callbacks and as soon as we fix them, we will include the example of using callbacks with a new build.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4495 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!