EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callbacks in driver edition

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 02/18/2007 06:02:43
by Josh Sanford (Standard support level)

Are callback events supported in the driver version? All of the documentation I've seen states that it does, but I can not get any events to work correctly (except for the OnProgress event).

The encryption events, which are the main events that I wish to use, never seem to get called.

The file events are called but I can't get them to work correctly. Is there an example on how to implement these events properly?

Thanks
Posted: 02/18/2007 07:49:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Storage-related callbacks work. As for encryption/compression - I am not sure if we implemented them or left for future. The developer will answer. It's a question of a day or two to implement them, however use of those callbacks will slow down operations dramatically. If you tell me why use the callbacks, I would possible be able to offer you some solution or give some hint.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/18/2007 17:47:55

If you tell me why use the callbacks, I would possible be able to offer you some solution or give some hint.

I have a readonly storage that I am using to store a couple of dll files. It would be nice if I could compile the storage as a resource in the application, then open it as a resource stream.
Posted: 02/19/2007 00:57:25

got it. I thought you need some custom encryption, that's why I asked. Storage callbacks must work. I will ask the developers to create some kind of sample.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/19/2007 06:32:55

I thought you need some custom encryption

Custom encryption would be nice, but if it's going to slow down operations dramatically, I'm not sure I would use it. I would like to see it implemented though.

Thank you,
Josh
Posted: 02/23/2007 02:26:01

There are some problems with encryption callbacks and as soon as we fix them, we will include the example of using callbacks with a new build.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4498 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!