EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Creation Date in SolFS

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/04/2012 09:37:31
by Robbie De Suter (Standard support level)

Hello,

Is there a way to find out when a file was added/created in SolFS in .NET?
I am aware of the GetFileCreationTime, but that give me the date of creation of the file itself, not when it was added in the SolFS storage.

The documentation mentions also GetFileLastWriteTime but (1) this method does not appear to be available in .NET and (2) this would change the date each time an update was written to a file.

So I'm looking for the initial date when a file was added to the SolFS.

Kind regards,
Robbie De Sutter
Posted: 11/04/2012 09:46:42
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

File is not "added to SolFS". It is created there, and then you write some data to it (possibly the data of some other file on some other disk). Consequently GetFileCreationDate shows when the file was created in SolFS.

Robbie De Suter wrote:
The documentation mentions also GetFileLastWriteTime but (1) this method does not appear to be available in .NET

You need GetFileModificationTime. Documentation mentions GetLastWriteTime (not GetFileLasWriteTime) but that's a different property.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/04/2012 09:53:48
by Robbie De Suter (Standard support level)

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.

Your reply triggered me: it appears we did overwrite SolFS's FileCreationDate in code after we added/created a file in SolFS...

Thanks.
Robbie

Statistics

Topic viewed 1469 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!