EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Need help in starting with the SOlFS

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 11/16/2012 03:51:38
by Sujesh Shakya (Basic support level)

Hello,

I downloaded the ProcMon utility from the link but have no idea what to do with it.

How does this help in my case?
Posted: 11/16/2012 04:06:18
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

Set the filter in the ProcMon to see only file operations on the SolFS volume, start any application which uses the font on SolFS volume and collect all file operations, then repeat the same scenario with process restrictions enabled. Post here two lists of operations and we will compare it.
Posted: 11/16/2012 05:01:42
by Sujesh Shakya (Basic support level)

Hello,

It works now some how. Using Restrictprocessenabled and AddGrantproccess function restricts the access as well as adds fonts to the application. I'll be testing with more fonts to assure though.

Now my concern is in Security. What if user find out that we are using the SOLFS system. At what degree are we protected in this scenario. What if user knows the volume name?
Posted: 11/16/2012 07:05:13
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

User can easily understand that your application uses SolFS drivers. Such user of course must be qualified enough in windows programming and drivers development. Detecting the name of the volume is possible as well. If you use process restrictions such knowledges give only the way to possibility to hack the volume.

Anyway, as soon as you open your data for some application it is possible to avoid restrictions and retrieve protected data. Unfortunately, 100% protect is not possible. On the other hand, such hacking requires expensive investigation and development.

Statistics

Topic viewed 10624 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!