EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Write throughput in solfs

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 08/24/2012 02:31:36
by Lei Liu (Basic support level)

I have been doing the write performance test in Solfs. During my test I noticed that by setting UseTransactions to true when using StorageOpen function, the write performance had been slowed down to 0.21Mbits/sec. However, if UseTransactions had been set to false, I get write speed 8.9Mbits/sec
Could you please give me some suggestions on how to improve the write performance?

Thanks a lot!
Posted: 08/27/2012 02:47:39
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Can you please tell us which edition of SolFS (Application or OS) are you testing? What kind of files and in which way do you copy to the SolFS storage? Could you please specify another properties of the storage (encryption, compression, page size)?
Posted: 08/28/2012 23:03:24
by Lei Liu (Basic support level)

Hi Alexander,

I am testing Version 4.5.111
I use StorageFormatFixedSize (page size: 16KB) to formate the storage, and then use StorageOpen, StorageCreateFile (encryption: 0, compression does not included)to create a test file 'test.dat'. Once all these are done I use StorageWriteFile to write into the SolFS storage.

Posted: 08/29/2012 02:07:16
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

If you like to perform massive writing of big amount of data, it is better to increase page size up to 64K and use big memory buffer for data which you writes, I think 1-2 megabytes is enough. It can increase write speed, but transaction definitely decrease it since the data should be written two times, first in the transactions log and second time on the place.

Topic viewed 2739 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!