EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unable to create storage

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 06/14/2012 05:13:50
by vinoth b (Basic support level)

I wanted to try out the SimpleMounter sample (using C++) provided in SFS OS edition. Because a storage file is required to try it out, I then used SFS App edition to create a storage file.

When I run the Storages sample, the StorageCreate method always returns -34. I tried using both static and debug libraries. But the result is the same.

Kindly help!
Posted: 06/14/2012 05:35:32
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It seems the registration key is incorrect.
Posted: 06/14/2012 06:11:07

The Storages sample in SFS App edition does not have any line of code asking for registration key.
Even then, I used StorageSetRegistrationKey(key) in the sample code. I have got a valid key. StorageSetRegistrationKey returns 0. But the StorageCreate method still returns error code (now 32).

Kindly help!
Posted: 06/14/2012 07:30:35
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The code 32 is ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION ("The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"). Check if the storage-file isn't opened by another process during the StorageCreate call.
Posted: 06/14/2012 08:18:31

It is working now. Thanks!
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 1753 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!