EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unable to create storage

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 06/14/2012 05:13:50
by vinoth b (Basic support level)

I wanted to try out the SimpleMounter sample (using C++) provided in SFS OS edition. Because a storage file is required to try it out, I then used SFS App edition to create a storage file.

When I run the Storages sample, the StorageCreate method always returns -34. I tried using both static and debug libraries. But the result is the same.

Kindly help!
Posted: 06/14/2012 05:35:32
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It seems the registration key is incorrect.
Posted: 06/14/2012 06:11:07

The Storages sample in SFS App edition does not have any line of code asking for registration key.
Even then, I used StorageSetRegistrationKey(key) in the sample code. I have got a valid key. StorageSetRegistrationKey returns 0. But the StorageCreate method still returns error code (now 32).

Kindly help!
Posted: 06/14/2012 07:30:35
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The code 32 is ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION ("The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"). Check if the storage-file isn't opened by another process during the StorageCreate call.
Posted: 06/14/2012 08:18:31

It is working now. Thanks!
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Topic viewed 1754 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!