EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Using solfs to create a user visible folder and then monitor changes

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 04/26/2012 03:35:39
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

May be you forget to double backslashes in the file name as "c:\\demosolfs.st"?
Posted: 04/27/2012 00:08:11
by p p (Basic support level)

Thanks.I have got this problem resolved which was being caused due to driver installation.
Now in order to monitor changes in my storage i need to use it in callback mode so that i can intercept file operation.can you provide me an example of similar usage in callback mode.

Thanks again.
Posted: 04/27/2012 00:16:14

Monitoring the changes in the directory or whole volume can't me implemented via SolFS callabacks. Callback mode in SolFS is designed to store the storage in some unusual places (like SQL database, cloud storage, etc.) on in some unusual way. There is no information about files or directories in callback functions, only information about low level disk operations.

To monitor the changes you can use system mechanisms or if it is not enough, our CallBack Filter.
Posted: 04/27/2012 01:47:25

Hi Alexander

when i am trying to build solfs_mount sample application on Mac OS 10.6 i am getting following issues.

ld: warning: directory '/usr/local/lib' following -L not found
ld: warning: directory '/Users/x/Desktop/solfsdrv_macos/Samples/solfs_mount/. ./. ./. ./solfsfuse/build/Release' following -L not found
ld: warning: directory '/Users/x/Desktop/solfsdrv_macos/Samples/solfs_mount/. ./. ./. ./SolFS_FUSE_Work/solfsfuse/build/Release' following -L not found
ld: library not found for -lfuse_ino64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Command /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1

Could you please help what am i missing here?
Posted: 04/27/2012 03:52:37

Sorry, it's my mistake. Just change one parameter in Project's Build Settings, section Search Paths, parameter Library Search Path, set to "../../Lib/Static" (without the quotes)
Posted: 04/27/2012 05:05:08

that i have modified already but still i get this linker error.
ld:library not found for -lfuse_ino64

Do i need to have fuse installed?which fuse library we need.
Posted: 04/27/2012 05:39:14

You have to install MacFUSE. The latest and most stable version located here:

You have also redistribute MacFUSE with your Mac OS application.
Posted: 04/27/2012 09:44:18

i installed the above package and linking went fine.
Now when i run the application i get error saying invalid parameter.

When we debug we found that storagesetregistrationkey was failing.I have supplied the same key that i got when downloading OS edition for Windows.
Please help.This is really very urgent.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Topic viewed 7236 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!