EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFS by use in a Java-"DLL" that is used by a Delphi-App

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 12/07/2006 07:02:53
by Bernhard Geyer (Basic support level)

We uses a Java-"DLL" that is called from a Delphi Win32-Application by the help of JNI. The Java-"DLL" writes some data to different files and we want to provide a "on-the-fly" encryption/decryption of this file with the help of SolFS.

Is it possible to use SolFS in such area? No installation of Drivers etc. is possible (must be run from CD/DVD). The implementation of the Java-"DLL" can be enhanced.
Posted: 12/07/2006 09:01:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Well, the easiest would be that your Java code calls back the Delphi application to read / write the data, and Delphi application communicates with SolFS. The reason is that there's no JNI for SolFS at the moment and implementing it to plug SolFS to Java makes not much sense for you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/07/2006 09:55:06
by Bernhard Geyer (Basic support level)

Which Callbacks do I need:

- Open
- Seek
- ReadBlock
- WriteBlock
- Close

Any more needed?
Posted: 12/07/2006 10:33:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

And you ask me? :)
I don't know, how your Java module works.

The idea that I was trying to explain is that your Java code doesn't call SolFS mehtod, but replaces these calls with callbacks to Delphi code. So whatever calls Java module is supposed to do to SolFS, should be implemented as callbacks.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 4224 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!