EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Use existing files iin storage

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/23/2012 04:48:00
by Richa  (Basic support level)

Thanks Alexander for your support.
I shall try my hands on the OS Edition's sample and get back to you. Sounds like your product will meet all my requirements.

Thanks once again!
Posted: 03/25/2012 08:59:35

Hi Alexander,

I tried to run the SimpleMounter in Visual Studi 2005 (.NET version) but when i run it there is not option to CREATE a storage.There is only the option to Mountit. And when I try to mount a storage formed by the Application Edition, it raises an exception-
"System.IO.IOException was unhandled
Message="The system cannot open the device or file specified.\r\n"
at SolFSDrv.?A0xeb24936d._CheckStorageResult(Int32 StorageResult, Int32 Line)
at SolFSDrv.SolFSStorage.Open(Stri ng fileName)
at SolFSDrv.SolFSStorage.Open(StorageOpenMode OpenMode)
at SimpleMounter.frmSimpleMount.btnMount_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\EldoS\SolFS.OS\Samples\dotNET\SimpleMounter\Form1.cs:line 317
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow .OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow .WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow .DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at SimpleMounter.Program.Main() in C:\Program Files\EldoS\SolFS.OS\Samples\dotNET\SimpleMounter\Program.cs:line 17
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, S tring[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(Stri ng assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, S tring[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please guide me on the OS version's sample program.

Posted: 03/26/2012 02:29:42
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The error "The system cannot open the device or file specified" usually means that the driver (solfs.sys or soldisk.sys) isn't installed.
Posted: 03/26/2012 23:11:59

Thanks Alexander !!
Posted: 03/27/2012 01:06:15

How can we read the contents of a file, say open an image file in an C# PictureBox control?
The read method doesn't provide it :-(
Posted: 03/27/2012 04:50:10

I just wanted to know "How can we get the exact path of the file" stored in the storage?

Like, I have stored an Image/Video file in my storage, what will be my path that i can use in my application?
Posted: 03/27/2012 05:57:03

Please reply, its very very urgent as I HAVE-TO submit the purchase proposal by EOD.

Posted: 03/27/2012 06:40:55
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Richa,

Sorry for the delay. Please specify your code which is used to initialize the PictureBox control.
Posted: 03/27/2012 07:58:18
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

The simplest way to load an image from SolFS storage into pictureBox componet is:

Storage = new SolFSStorage(@"C:\1.st", false, false, '\\');
pictureBox1.Image = Image.FromStream(new SolFSStream(Storage, @"\1.jpg", FileMode.Open));

The methods to convert the filename in the storage into fully qualified system file name is really absent from .NET calls. I'm working to add it right now.
Posted: 03/27/2012 08:49:04

Hi Alexander,

I was doing the same but wasnt using the "@". Thank, it solved the problem and my demo ith your project has passed :-)
e ill soon be purchasing it.. Thanks a tonne..

Though I ill have to try embedding a video file and using it. In case I face some issue, will post it here.

Also I wanted to know, that the .st files that we form, these can b mounted by softwares available on the web and the content can be copied. What does SolFS do about it?
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 11731 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!