EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Use existing files iin storage

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/23/2012 04:48:00
by Richa  (Basic support level)

Thanks Alexander for your support.
I shall try my hands on the OS Edition's sample and get back to you. Sounds like your product will meet all my requirements.

Thanks once again!
Posted: 03/25/2012 08:59:35

Hi Alexander,

I tried to run the SimpleMounter in Visual Studi 2005 (.NET version) but when i run it there is not option to CREATE a storage.There is only the option to Mountit. And when I try to mount a storage formed by the Application Edition, it raises an exception-
"System.IO.IOException was unhandled
Message="The system cannot open the device or file specified.\r\n"
at SolFSDrv.?A0xeb24936d._CheckStorageResult(Int32 StorageResult, Int32 Line)
at SolFSDrv.SolFSStorage.Open(Stri ng fileName)
at SolFSDrv.SolFSStorage.Open(StorageOpenMode OpenMode)
at SimpleMounter.frmSimpleMount.btnMount_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\EldoS\SolFS.OS\Samples\dotNET\SimpleMounter\Form1.cs:line 317
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow .OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow .WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow .DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at SimpleMounter.Program.Main() in C:\Program Files\EldoS\SolFS.OS\Samples\dotNET\SimpleMounter\Program.cs:line 17
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, S tring[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(Stri ng assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, S tring[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please guide me on the OS version's sample program.

Posted: 03/26/2012 02:29:42
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The error "The system cannot open the device or file specified" usually means that the driver (solfs.sys or soldisk.sys) isn't installed.
Posted: 03/26/2012 23:11:59

Thanks Alexander !!
Posted: 03/27/2012 01:06:15

How can we read the contents of a file, say open an image file in an C# PictureBox control?
The read method doesn't provide it :-(
Posted: 03/27/2012 04:50:10

I just wanted to know "How can we get the exact path of the file" stored in the storage?

Like, I have stored an Image/Video file in my storage, what will be my path that i can use in my application?
Posted: 03/27/2012 05:57:03

Please reply, its very very urgent as I HAVE-TO submit the purchase proposal by EOD.

Posted: 03/27/2012 06:40:55
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Richa,

Sorry for the delay. Please specify your code which is used to initialize the PictureBox control.
Posted: 03/27/2012 07:58:18
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

The simplest way to load an image from SolFS storage into pictureBox componet is:

Storage = new SolFSStorage(@"C:\1.st", false, false, '\\');
pictureBox1.Image = Image.FromStream(new SolFSStream(Storage, @"\1.jpg", FileMode.Open));

The methods to convert the filename in the storage into fully qualified system file name is really absent from .NET calls. I'm working to add it right now.
Posted: 03/27/2012 08:49:04

Hi Alexander,

I was doing the same but wasnt using the "@". Thank, it solved the problem and my demo ith your project has passed :-)
e ill soon be purchasing it.. Thanks a tonne..

Though I ill have to try embedding a video file and using it. In case I face some issue, will post it here.

Also I wanted to know, that the .st files that we form, these can b mounted by softwares available on the web and the content can be copied. What does SolFS do about it?
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 11732 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!