EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Use existing files iin storage

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 03/22/2012 02:02:02
by Richa  (Basic support level)

Hi Helpdesk,

I want my application to use a few files which i want to save in your virtual filesystem.
The files will come with the application but they should not be stored or atleast should not be accessible from the user's computer. Only the application should be able to access it.

How can we achieve this?
Posted: 03/22/2012 02:10:57

I shall be having XML,XAML files accompanying my application's installer. I would want them to be dynamically read into your filesystem and should otherwise be unavailable to the user
Posted: 03/22/2012 05:08:25
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Hello

Would you like to access these files from your application only or from some other applications like browser etc.? Would you like to access theses files with any third-part libraries which can handle only real files and cannot handle any other streams?

Describe please your requirements in details. If such details contain any non public information, feel free to open the ticket in the HelpDesk system https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ticket_edit.php
Posted: 03/22/2012 22:05:14

Hello,

I would like to access these files from application only.
Its a WPF application
I want to read these files using SolFS

Requirement:
I want to dispatch a few of my files with my application but dont want these files to be stored on the hard-disk of the user or atleast should not be accessible to the user.
For this, I wanted the application to use SolFS to read these files at runtime into its file system.

For example, in a demo app-
I have copied my files into the SolFS Storage and now want to read these file's data
Posted: 03/23/2012 02:15:05

Types of files I would like my application to read can vary from videos, audios, pdf, html, xaml.

Please HELP ASAP. I need to decide on your product and purchase as I am running closer to the deadline.

Thanks,
Richa
Posted: 03/23/2012 02:38:28

Hello

You definitely can use SolFS for your tasks.

All your file should be placed inside the SolFS storage. You can distribute the SolFS storage file with your application or link the SolFS storage inside your EXE file and access it via callback mode. Anyway you can encrypt all your files inside the storage and compress it to save the disk space. If you decide to link the storage inside EXE file we will assist you to implement callback mode.

If all your classes/components can access data via System::IO::Stream class descendant, such as our SolFSStream, then Application edition of SolFS is enough. If any of your classes/components can access data in the disk file only, then OS edition of SolFS is required. With OS edition you can mount the content of SolFS storage as a disk with or without a drive letter, and access it from any application or library of classes.
Posted: 03/23/2012 03:28:44
by Oleg Savitsky (Basic support level)

Dear Richa,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Oleg Savitsky and I am the Marketing Director of EldoS Corp.

Would you please clarify if are you interested in Professional or Lite package ([URL=http://eldos.com/solfs/packages.php]http://eldos.com/solfs/packages.php[/URL])?

Sincerely yours,
Oleg Savitsky
Posted: 03/23/2012 03:51:53

Hello Alexander,

Thank you so much for the quick response. So using it as a disk volume without mounting it on a drive letter, I shall be able to access the files from my application right?

Can I see a demo of it?

Wont using SolFSStream hamper the speed of my videos,audios,animations?
Posted: 03/23/2012 03:53:37

Hello Oleg,

I am interested in Professional Package as it has all the features I am looking forward to.

Is there a way to have a chat with someone from the technical team?My email is: richash05@gmail.com

Regards,
Richa
Posted: 03/23/2012 04:31:09

SolFSStream doesn't slowdown access to the information from the storage. There is no significant difference between access via stream in App edition and access via system file in OS edition.

You can use our SimpleMounter example from OS edition to check mounting without the drive letter. Just run SimpleMounter, create the storage and mount it. It will appear as SolFS_Volume1 mounting point. Then please use command line and perform next commands:

echo "Simple text" \\.\SolFS_Volume1\test.txt

it will create test.txt file with text "Simple text", and

notepad \\.\SolFS_Volume1\test.txt

it will open the file from SolFS storage in the notepad. You can recheck that there is no new drive letters in your system.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 12172 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!