EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Creating a Uri in C# for mounted point

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 01/13/2012 22:37:36
by Peter Lessels (Standard support level)

if I mount to "\\.\test" there is no way to get a new Uri for this in .net. It might be a long-term known bug with the period being the last character in one segment.

1) Is there a way to get a new Uri that I do not know of?

2) is the \\.\ format created by SolFS - can it be changed?
Posted: 01/14/2012 01:11:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is a standard UNC path. Point denotes a local system.

Maybe if you know the name of the local computer, you can use it instead of dot, but this is just a guess - nobody tested it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/14/2012 06:16:12
by Peter Lessels (Standard support level)

If I replace the dot with the computer name, then I can create the URI, but the MediaElement will not accept this. Because of that, I need to use the network share mount. I see in the documentation how to do this with an additional parameter on AddMountingPoint, but I do not see a version of AddMountingPoint that takes two parameters.
Posted: 01/14/2012 06:48:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Are you looking at SolFS help file? SolFS doesn't have an overload with several parameters.

SolFS 5, which is on the way (developers still work on it), will support all what CBFS supports now in regards to mounting points.

Right now you can share the mounting point using Windows functions, and then use that share.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2348 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!