EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem in calling DeleteFile() function

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/15/2006 03:56:05
by Imran Kazi (Basic support level)

Hello All,

I am using SolFS .Net dll. When i Call the function DeleteFile() on the object of SolFSStorage. i am getting the error message as "DeleteA is not a member of SolFS::SolFSStorage". Whereas i am not getting any error when i call the function DeleteDirectory().

The Part of the code is as below:

while (1) {
if (EldosSearch.Attributes == attrDirectory) {
bRetState = Eldos_RecursiveDelete (EldosSearch.FullName,strCurrentPath);

if (bRetState == FALSE) {
return FALSE;
Storage->DeleteFile(EldosSearch.FullName); ///Getting error for this line when i compile my program.
bRetState = Storage->FindNext(EldosSearch);
if (bRetState == FALSE) {

Please guide me what to do. Please do the needfull at the earliest.

Thanking you

Posted: 11/16/2006 06:17:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We need to introduce some stub functions like DeleteFileW which you can call instead of default DeleteFile. The problem is in the way that defines are resolved -- windows.h defines DeleteFile as DeleteFileA, and in our code the declaration is not changed. IOW the declarations are not changed, while the calls to those declarations are changed.

We expect new build to be available on weekend.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2006 06:34:12
by Imran Kazi (Basic support level)

Thanks for the reply. I am waiting for the new build. expecting it till tuesday 14/11/2006.

Thanks again.

Topic viewed 4611 times

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!