EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFS OS Edition - how to access using the UNC

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 08/25/2011 10:38:14
by Karu Kaarigar (Basic support level)

I am using the SolFS OS Edition Simple Mounter sample app. After having created a mount point using the UNC Path, how to access the mount point from the command window?

Say the mount point name is SECURE, how can I list the contents of the SECURE, or add any contents to it?

I tried dir \\.\SECURE, but it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.
Posted: 08/25/2011 11:27:56
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately not all cmd commands work with such mounting points. "dir" is one of such command. Also shell functions like ShellExecute as well as Windows Explorer don't work with it. But win32 API functions (CreateFile, etc) work correctly.
In the next version of SolFS (which is planned in a month or so) it will be possible to create network mounting points (like "\\machine_name\share_name") and they won't have such restriction. Actually the other products of us (CallbackFS and CallbackDisk) have already had this feature.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2199 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!