EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

License&Upgrade question

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 10/12/2006 06:01:13
by Jure Bogataj (Priority Standard support level)

Hello!

I have a question regarding license, pricing and updates. If I purchaes SolFS Standard Edition components (540ˆ) and its source code (1200ˆ), am I entitled to corrected source code when SolFS components get updated from your side? Or must I purchase source code again? And what about components and their upgrades? Is this included in components price?

Thank you!
Posted: 10/12/2006 09:35:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) Source code license includes the keys for precompiled verison, so you don't need to purchase the standard edition without source code. You only pay for the source code.
2) All customers, who purchase the source code license, receive an update of the source code package by e-mail as soon as we release new build.

Updates are free until next major release, which we don't expect any time soon (the concurrent access feature and new memory manager will become part of SolFS 3).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/13/2006 03:38:57
by Jure Bogataj (Priority Standard support level)

What do you mean by "the concurrent access feature and new memory manager will become part of SolFS 3"? Is now not possible to ensure concurrent access for multiple clients via e.g. service that handles SolFS files. I have a service that will serve SolFS content to multiple clients (100-1000) and I need concurrent access for all clients. Is this not possible now?
Posted: 10/13/2006 04:32:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SolFS storage can be opened for read-write access by only one process. Attempt to open the file for the second time (by other process) will fail.

If you have a single process (system service, as I understand) and you open the storage once in this service, then I see no problems for you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4130 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!