EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

The specified driver is invalid

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/27/2010 18:41:38
by Dan  (Basic support level)

After just receiving the trial key, I am attempting to evaluate SolFS. Using the supplied sample program for .NET (SimpleMounter), I am able to successfully compile using Visual Studio 2008 targeting .NET 2.0 Framework on Windows 7 Ultimate. After clicking on "Install Drivers", I select the \drivers\debug\win32\solfs.sys and soldisk.sys. At which point, an IOException occurs with: The specified driver is invalid.

This was after a clean install, without ever trying to manually install anything. I even tried the "Release" version under \drivers\release\win32, but same problem.

I would appreciate some help here. Thanks.
Posted: 07/27/2010 18:44:41
by Dan  (Basic support level)

Nevermind. I found that if I use the AMD64 version, it no longer produces this error. It kind of through me for a bit because I have an Intel i7 chip, not AMD so I didn't automatically think to use that one.

Topic viewed 1822 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!