EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

What About Multi Threading

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 09/28/2009 08:21:40
by gürcan yücel (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene,
Thank you for the answer. As I mentioned, multiple threads will use the same storage file. As you mentioned, I have to use SolFS Driver Edition.

I requested a trial key for some tests. Also I could not find the proper licance fee. Im a single developer, will develop custom solution to my one customer. Which licance do I need to buy?

copied from other forum.-------------------------
I think you need SolFS. It provides a secure storage and your application can access it in multithreaded mode. If you need access from one process only, Standard edition will suffice. If your server spawns separate processes for handling requests (unix style), then you would need Driver Edition. Please post your further questions about SolFS to the corresponding forum.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski

Hi All,
I need to implement this scenario;
1.I have a 3 tier DMS application. Clients connect to App server via TCP/IP (Im using kbmMW for Delphi 2006)
2.In every request, App server starts a thread, does the work, return result/result set then terminate.
3.Its also have a File service. When client requests a file, it gets from DB, first stores to file system then sends it to a client. Or when client sends a file, it gets the file, than stores to DB.
4.Application server runs as a windows service.
5.As you see the file service is also multi threaded.

1.I have to implement a secure file storages out of the DB.
2.There will be more than file storage files. Each file must be DVD size(I think 4.7GB)
3.I have totally 1.5 TB of files in DB.
4.While storing a file to storage, first user will send with the same structure. File service will determine which storage file will be used. Then will open that storage, save the file, then disconnect from it.
5.While downloading it, same structure will work. Client will request the file. File service will determine which storage will be used. Then thread will open the storage, get file to file system (this will be a stream) then will send it back.
6.Storage files must be secure and only my application may read/write.

As I mentioned, it must be multi threading. There will around 100 users accessing the same storage file at the same time via file service threads.

1.Which Eldos product do I need to use?
2.Is it possible to write it multi threaded. (2 clients wont access the same file at the same time infact. They will access the same storage file at the same time)
3.What is the optimum storage file size? How many parts must be there to store 1.5TB (100GB growing per month)

Posted: 09/28/2009 09:04:36

Hi Eugene,
While reading the technical specs of both SolFS Driver edition and Standart, In the platform features section both says "Thread-safety". To make it clear which version do I need, I want to explain it more.
In my application, clients connect to application server via TCP/IP. All file operations done by Application server which is running as a windows service. This Server have a File Service which is multi threaded. When a client requests a file, it freads from disk by chunk (generally 8192 bytes) and sends it back. There may lots of file operations at a time.
In new scenerio, File service will connect a SolFS file (there will be more than one. Each will be 4.7GB and total is 1.5TB) will read file by chunk and send it to user.

As I see the behaviour of the editions, SolFS Standard edition is very simple to use and code. For this reason I perefer to use Standard edition if it is capable of do the work.

Posted: 09/28/2009 09:06:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you need to access the storage from different *threads* within the same process, then Standard edition would be enough. Driver edition is needed when you need to provide concurrent access to different *processes*.

As for the price - you need to apply for a private business license.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/28/2009 09:15:57

I understand clearly. I have one process which is multi threaded. Then I need standart edition. Now I will appliy PBL.

Topic viewed 2531 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!