EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CheckAndRepair in callback mode

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 02/23/2009 17:46:03
by Josh Sanford (Standard support level)

Could you guys please look into the CheckAndRepair method when using callbacks in the driver edition. Whenever I try to use it I get an exception(System Error.Code: 5.Access is denied.)
Posted: 02/24/2009 01:22:25
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hi,

The storage file you want to CheckAndRepair must be unmounted and accessible for read-write access. Please check that it is so.
Posted: 02/24/2009 12:17:48

Yes it is. I forgot to mention, when calling CheckAndRepair the error occurs immediately, none of the callbacks events are fired. I'm using Delphi, perhaps there is a problem in the Delphi unit.
Posted: 02/26/2009 02:59:23
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Thank for your report.
There was an error in CheckAndRepair function in callback mode. The error is fixed. New build will be available soon.

BTW. You have to specify valid registration key before calling of any SolFS function.
Posted: 02/26/2009 12:19:55

The error is fixed. New build will be available soon.

OK, Thank you.

BTW. You have to specify valid registration key before calling of any SolFS function.

That's a very curios thing to say. What make you think that I'm not?
Posted: 02/26/2009 12:55:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Josh Sanford wrote:
That's a very curios thing to say. What make you think that I'm not?

It doesn't hurt to remind: some people put a call to SetRegistrationKey to (for example) FormCreate method, and try to access SolFS functions in overriden form constructor or in unit initialization. This is a common problem when you write different pieces of code in different times.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3125 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!