EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Intermittent Folder Enumeration

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 01/23/2009 07:16:01
by Tristan Rhodes (Basic support level)

Hi Guys,

I've managed to mount an image using the sample .Net project on Vista. I've added three folders and filled them with junk data. When i navigate to the mounted root directory the folders it displays from the root are intermittent, usualy just one, and inside the folders, the file listings also vary if i move away and back to the folder.

If i use the physical path of the resource directly, then it access it fine, but i am concerned about the enumeration for dynamically looking up.

Are there any known problems with this setup? And what can i do to resolve them?

Regards

Tris
Posted: 01/23/2009 07:25:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry, but I am not sure that I understand the problem.

Are you asking about SolFS? If yes, then what you mean by "use the physical path of the resource directly"? Are you trying to access the storage via SolFS Explorer application and via Windows Explorer in parallel? Please describe in more details what you are doing.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/23/2009 08:39:24

Hi Eugene,

I am finding that the directory file listings in Windows Explorer / File Dialog / .Net Test application, do not represent the actual files in the directory.

I ran the test repeatedly and found a range of different results for Directory and File counts.

I was not using SolFS Explorer at the time, but it displays the content of the storage file correctly.

By Physical Path i meant the actual path to a specific file. e.g. "\Stuff" shows an empty folder, but "\Stuff\Test.doc" will locate the file successfully.

I attempted to attatched my test project and a sample storage file for you, but the connection failed.

Any thoughts on this problem would be appeciated.

Regards

Tristan
Posted: 01/23/2009 08:44:12

The developer says that some similar problem appeared in the latest build and has been fixed after that, but details will be available only on Monday. New build will be published next week.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/23/2009 09:50:24

I have put older build to our site, so if you download build 57 from the site, the problem will go away.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/26/2009 04:03:52

Hi Eugene,

I have Re-installed the previous SolidFS Driver Edition (1.5.57), but the problem is still there.

Any further ideas?

Regards

Tris
Posted: 01/26/2009 04:51:26
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Tristan,

Please check the version of the SolFS driver (the file <windows_root>\system32\drivers\solfs.sys) that is installed on your machine. It should have the version 1.5.57.
Posted: 01/26/2009 05:05:48
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

And try to reboot the system. But it's really necessary if the install function requires rebooting (i.e. returns true in the RebootNeeded parameter).
If it isn't help then could you give us the storage-file?
Thanks.
Posted: 01/26/2009 05:34:21

Hi Vladimir,

I've removed the application completely and flushed all the drivers. The date stamp on the driver files i have in the SOLFS Driver directory are 2009-01-07T20:40. I have tried installing both the Debug and Release drivers.

I'm going to reboot and re-install now.

If that doesn't work, i'll post the Storage File.

Tris
Posted: 01/26/2009 06:15:08

Hi,

I can't upload the storage file, i get a timeout. It's 25 meg unzipped, and 10 meg zipped.

Is there any other way i can send it to you?

Regards

Tris
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8638 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!