EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Expected behavior for SolFSDrv w/Delphi 2007??

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 11/19/2008 20:40:00
by Jon Anders  (Basic support level)

I began experimenting with Delphi 2007 for SolFSDrv, trying to open and manage multiple storage containers. Strange behavior was seen. I then ran a test with the compiled Delphi version of (unmodified) SimpleMounter. The steps and results are as follows:

(begin with compiled version of Delphi SimpleMounter)

1. Launch an instance of SimpleMounter
2. Create a new storage container (I used variable size, no encryption, etc). Filename is "c:\File_1.st"
3. Mount File_1.st and add point "P:"
4. Copy a file "MyFile_P.txt" to P:
5. Delete point P:
6. Unmount SolFS_volume_1

7. Create a new storage container (variable size, no encryption, etc). Filename is "c:\File_2.st"
8. Mount File_2.st and add point "Q:"
9. Copy a file "MyFile_Q.txt" to Q:
10. Delete point Q:
11. Unmount SolFS_Volume_1

12. Launch a second instance of SimpleMounter
13. In the first instance, mount File_1.st and add point P:
<at this point, the listbox displays SolFS_Volume_1 and P:
14. In the second instance, mount File_2.st and add point Q:
<at this point, listbox in second instance of SimpleMounter displays SolFS_Volume_1, SolFS_Volume_2, P:, Q: ** NOT expected **

15. Using Windows Explorer, examine contents of drive P: (I expect to see only MyFile_P.txt) I see only MyFile_P.txt
16. Using Windows Explorer, examine contents of drive Q: (I expect to see only MyFile_Q.txt) HOWEVER... I see MyFile_P.txt as the ONLY entry in BOTH P: AND Q:

Are you able to reproduce this? And, if so, is this expected behavior?

Posted: 11/20/2008 01:20:13
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This is not the expected behaviour and it has been reported before (only once) and without possibility to reproduce the issue. We will try again. I have moved your question to the helpdesk so that the developers could check the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1721 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!