EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SolFS Standard CallBacks

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 10/21/2008 03:42:59
by Jure Bogataj (Priority Standard support level)

Hello!

Is it possible to use some sort of callbacks in SolFS standard edition, e.g. to display progress while SolFS is writing some large file for example (> 500MB).
I've tried to use OnFileCreate, OnFileOpen, etc. callbacks, but I got an error that many callbacks were missing (not assigned), when opening storage using following code: MyStorage.Open(StorageOpenMode.somOpenAlways);

Or must I provide my own implementation of storage writing in those callbacks? I'm trying just to display simple progress while SolFS is working with storage (using SolFS internal implementation to write and read storage data).

Thank you for your response!

Best regards,
Jure
Posted: 10/21/2008 05:49:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Large write operations are initiated by you so you can split them into smaller chunks and provide your own progress tracking mechanism. OnProgress callback can be used to track progress of FormatFixedSize, Compact and CheckAndRepair operations.
OnFileCreate and similar callbacks are used when the storage is in callback mode (to implement custom backend storage), and they are not suitable for your task.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1966 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!