EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Deadlock in SolFS?

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 03/20/2008 06:18:34
by Dan Cooper (Standard support level)

We seem to be experiencing deadlocks in SolFS. I have multiple threads accessing a single SolFSStorage which appears to lock if two threads call FindFirstFile or .FileExists() at the same time. Should this be the case? In which case I need to implement some sort of locking around these functions or is this a bug? I thought that SolFS could be accessed from multiple threads (obviously we do not read/write the same file from multiple threads).

Posted: 03/20/2008 06:31:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/04/2012 03:06:25
by Grazia Paoli (Standard support level)

Hello Eugene,

We would like to know the outcome of this issue.
It seems like we are facing exactly the same problem. The storage we are trying to work on appears to be corrupted, at least that's what get_IsCorrupted() tells us. When there are two threads accessing the same container doing FindFirstFile and FileExists the SolFS gets locked.
We are using 4.5.111 SolFS SE.

Posted: 05/04/2012 03:10:40
by Alexander Plas (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk

Topic viewed 3286 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!