EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Connection Timed Out error when downloading files.

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 04/11/2008 14:12:02
by Bill Armstrong (Basic support level)

I know that the customer has successfully downloaded the same file from the same server using SFTP. I'm assuming that this was done on a different client, but I don't know that for sure. I'm not sure if that matters. Ultimately it proves that the server is able to complete a file transfer.

Do you still want me to ask him to try downloading the file using our software on a different client?
Posted: 04/14/2008 12:56:35
by Bill Armstrong (Basic support level)

Eugene Mayevski emailed me the following response:

At the same time it matters that the SFTP client works. So the problem might be on the client's computer - there can be some firewall or something like that.

Thanks for the response Eugene. If there was a firewall I don't think that we would be getting as far as we do. As I stated in one of my earlier posts we are running several commands in an SSH client session before attemting to download any files. These commands are executing without any error. Also we are getting the OnAuth­enticationSuccess event just before the error occurs. I don't think we would be getting that event if there was a firewall blocking the connection would we?

Also I checked with our support engineer to get more details about what client was used to perform the SFTP test. It turns out that the test was done on the same box where the BlackBox component is installed. He used WinSCP to perform the test. So this pretty much rules out any possibility of third party software on the client box interfering with the copy operation.

I think we've exhausted all of the obvious solutions. Would it be appropriate to open up a support case at this point?
Posted: 04/16/2008 03:27:37
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Let's continue the conversation in the Helpdesk. I have created a ticket for you.

Topic viewed 8815 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!