EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unable to use trial with RAD2007/Indy 10.2.3

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 02/22/2008 11:25:10
by Luigi Sandon (Priority Standard support level)

Hello, we are evaluating SecureBlackbox, but we are unable to test it with RAD 2007 and Indy 10.2.3. When trying to compile for example IndySSHIOHandler, interface changes in Indy forbids it. I tried to fix it, but some virtual methods became static, and I am not sure I could obtain a compiled version that would work properly - not a fair evaluation at all.

We need to use a more recent version of Indy than the one that comes with RAD 2007, due to several bug fixes made since the RAD release that would impact our products. We had used (ex) TurboPower LockBox in the past, but we need now a stronger and well mantained cryptographic library now.

We are evaluating other libraries too, and it would be a pity if we can't evaluate your library fully just because the trial version is not up to date. I can't ask my manager to spend $1500 just to evaluate a library fully, sorry - and I wish I had not to meddle with source code to recompile it until I know it well.

Is there any fix available to finish the evaluation? Thank you, regards.
Posted: 02/22/2008 11:42:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Indy with all those changes is a running target ... we made some changes in Indy classes for SBB 6, so it makes sense for you to download and check SBB6 RC1.
We will pick the latest indy version to see what problems we have at the moment with it. Unfortunately, as Indy guys introduce breaking changes all the time, we will not be able to give you the fixes immediately (IF the fixes are needed).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/22/2008 11:46:38
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Remember also to enable the necessary conditional define(s) (see the comment at the top of SBIndyIOHandler10.pas file).
Posted: 02/23/2008 02:51:54

SSH base declarations in Indy 10.2.3 can not be compiled. In other words, Indy has showstopper bugs. Until they fix those bugs, we won't be able to update our SSHIndyIOHandler classes for this version of Indy. As Innokentiy mentioned, SSL IndyIOHandler classes were updated for Indy 10.2.3.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/25/2008 03:23:26

Thank you for the replies. I am trying version 6.0.134 available from here http://eldos.com/files/sbb6/secbboxeval.zip but when I start RAD2007 I get an error telling it can't load PKIBoxD11.bpl. It looks it is not installed, I can't find it nor in the SSB packages directory nor in system32.
Posted: 02/25/2008 03:59:59

This is what I got trying to compile the Indy SSHBBoxSrvIndy10D11 package (after activating {$define INDY1011})

[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(93): E2037 Declaration of 'CheckForDataOnSource' differs from previous declaration
[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(96): E2170 Cannot override a non-virtual method
[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(101): E2170 Cannot override a non-virtual method
[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(103): E2037 Declaration of 'WriteDirect' differs from previous declaration
[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(407): E2170 Cannot override a non-virtual method
[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(413): E2170 Cannot override a non-virtual method
[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(417): E2037 Declaration of 'WriteDirect' differs from previous declaration
[DCC Error] SBIndySSHServerIOHandler10.pas(920): E2009 Incompatible types: 'Parameter lists differ'

It looks the interface changed a lot in Indy 10.2
Posted: 02/25/2008 08:41:08

PKIBBox package has been removed and all references to it has been removed from RC2 (build 6.0.134 available on the site). If PKIBBox is referenced anywhere, please let me know so that we can fix this.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/25/2008 08:45:03

Luigi Sandon wrote:
This is what I got trying to compile the Indy SSHBBoxSrvIndy10D11 package (after activating {$define INDY1011})

As I mentioned above, 10.2 just can't be compiled (the files that are related to SSH have bugs). so we can't do anything until Indy fixes those bugs.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/27/2008 11:17:07

Now I am trying with ICS, but again a package (SSLBBoxSrvICSDX) does not compile: [DCC Error] SBICSServerSocket.pas(551): E2009 Incompatible types: 'Parameter lists differ'. The parameters looks the same, but RAD 2007 does not compile.

I'm using the last stable release available from here: http://www.overbyte.be/frame_index.html?redirTo=/products/ics.html

Also I wonder that even experienced Delphi developers stick to old and bad habits, and are unable to take advantage of newer improved features. There is no longer any need to put the package version in the .dpk file name, and it should be avoided. The package "LIB Suffix" setting should be used instead. It will generate the correct BPL but won't add the suffix to the dcp, making "requires" clause not tied to a given version, almost nothing to modify when upgrading to a newer Delphi release, just change the LIB suffix, the .dpk source does not need to be changed.
Posted: 03/27/2008 11:33:16

This changes needs to be applied:

Code
procedure HandleReceive(Sender: TObject; Buffer: pointer; MaxSize: longint;
  var Written: longint);

Written has to be changed to "var" instead of "out".

Code
property ClientCertStorage : TElMemoryCertStorage
  read GetClientCertStorage write SetClientCertStorage;

It looks it should be Get/SetClientCertStorage instead of Get/SetMemoryCertStorage.
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6874 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!