EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGP Encryption Multi Instance

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/07/2006 10:58:21
by mario flores (Basic support level)

I have a question, im running PGP encryption with secureblackBox engine; the software is an application that sends several files to a server. It has to send 1 file at the time, and Secureblackbox PGP encrypts these files before they are sent, but I have a doubt, because we need to send very quickly this files, we need to open multiple instance of this application, to ensure that more files are sent at the same time, my question is, if the PGP engine has any problem encrypting at the same time different files on different instances of the application. Or pauses one instance until the other finishes encrypting its file.

All the running Instances of the application are using the same Key File.
But I’m not sure if is problem of PGP engine or has to be something on our side, cause seems like multiple applications don’t help us, to send more files quickly.

Posted: 06/07/2006 16:34:11
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

PGPBlackbox does not have any issues with signing different files at the same time. Which exactly problems do you encounter?

BTW, please note, that public key encryption is a time-expensive operation, so encrypting several files at the same time may result in high processor load.

Topic viewed 3068 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!