EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SecureBlackBox with .Net WebApps

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 02/21/2008 00:32:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

IIRC in web applications the controls are not available and this is a limitation of the designer. I can't give you more detailed information but this has been discussed in this forum some time ago. I will search for it later and give you a link.

We do have web application samples for PDF and OpenPGP. Not for SFTP, though. I will ask the developer to create one.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/21/2008 09:21:03
by Neal Garber (Basic support level)

I did a search and found the article to which you referred and also found http://www.clariusconsulting.net/blogs/kzu/archive/2005/05/28/ComponentsNotBack.aspx

However, this issue was raised almost 4 years ago! Microsoft's response was that they no longer planned to support non-ASP.net controls in the designer. Given their response (which I too do not like), do you plan to create ASP .net versions of these components to make it simpler to use them in Web applications? I think it's clear MS doesn't plan to change their position, so perhaps it's time for you to implement a workaround..

If you can provide me an example project that implements a server-side SFTP client (i.e., browser connects to Web server and code on server initiates SFTP connection using server name and credentials supplied by client), my company will buy your product.

Thanks again for your assistance Eugene..
Posted: 02/21/2008 09:34:14

Neal Garber wrote:
However, this issue was raised almost 4 years ago! Microsoft's response was that they no longer planned to support non-ASP.net controls in the designer. Given their response (which I too do not like), do you plan to create ASP .net versions of these components to make it simpler to use them in Web applications? I think it's clear MS doesn't plan to change their position, so perhaps it's time for you to implement a workaround..

We will check what can be done in this direction. Our components are not ASP-based or WinForms-based, so it's not clear what must be done to make the designer see them.

Neal Garber wrote:
If you can provide me an example project that implements a server-side SFTP client (i.e., browser connects to Web server and code on server initiates SFTP connection using server name and credentials supplied by client),

I've already asked the developer to create such sample. This will create a couple of days, however.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/21/2008 11:59:55

Please see the attached sample.

[ Download ]

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/21/2008 12:46:16
by Neal Garber (Basic support level)

That was fast! I'll take a look at it.

Thanks Eugene!
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6136 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!