EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SecureBlackBox with .Net WebApps

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 02/19/2008 11:30:24
by Neal Garber (Basic support level)

I just installed v5 of SecureBlackBox for .Net. I following the IDE integration instructions, yet the components don't appear in my toolbox. I restarted VS and they appeared on the Start page. When I opened an existing project, they disappeared and now they no longer appear on the start page either. Any thoughts on why?

Also, can the .Net version of SFTP client be used in a Web application and run on the server? Specifically, can I create an SFTP client such that the actual SSH connection originates from the Web server?
Posted: 02/19/2008 11:46:02
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Neal Garber wrote:
I just installed v5 of SecureBlackBox for .Net. I following the IDE integration instructions, yet the components don't appear in my toolbox. I restarted VS and they appeared on the Start page. When I opened an existing project, they disappeared and now they no longer appear on the start page either. Any thoughts on why?

Waht exactly IDE are you talking about? Is it Visual Studio? Which version of VS?

Neal Garber wrote:
Also, can the .Net version of SFTP client be used in a Web application and run on the server? Specifically, can I create an SFTP client such that the actual SSH connection originates from the Web server?

Yes, of couse. This is a common task among our customers. Moreover, we are now working on SecureBlackbox for Business Servers, which will be used *only* from such servers.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/20/2008 13:11:12

Thanks for your quick response Eugene. I am using VS .Net 2005.
Posted: 02/20/2008 13:59:45

The components must appear in Toolbox when you open the form designer. They should not appear anywhere else. If they are not in Toolbox when you are in the form designer, please use Choose Toolbox Items menu command as described in read me.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/20/2008 14:03:18

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original post - sorry. I did follow the instructions in the Readme that details using Choose Toolbox Items and setting the check on the SecureBlackBox assemblies. They still aren't listed though. I'm now trying a "uncheck", save and "recheck" to see if that makes a difference.
Posted: 02/20/2008 14:10:28

OK, I unchecked and then rechecked all of the SecureBlackBox assemblies. Nothing showed up. I restarted VS .Net 2005 and now I see SecureBlackBox and General in the Toolbox while on the Start Page. Now, when I open my project, SecureBlackBox is listed in the Toolbox; however, when I click on the "+" to expand the list of controls, it shows "There are no usable controls in this group. Drag an item onto this text to add it to the toolbox."
Posted: 02/20/2008 14:20:10

1) Once you are in designer, is this list filled?
2) What happens when you open some sample application that's shipped with SecureBlackbox and open the form in design mode? Is the list filled then?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/20/2008 14:22:36

The list is not filled in designer. The list is not filled when I open SimpleSftpDemo in designer either.
Posted: 02/20/2008 15:01:46

I just uninstalled V5 and installed V6. I now see controls under SecureBlackbox when I open one of your sample projects. So, I guess I'll evaluate V6 instead of V5 (perhaps a reinstall of V5 would have fixed the issue for that release as well)..

Thanks for your help Eugene..
Posted: 02/20/2008 15:12:06

Now SecureBlackbox tab only appears for Windows projects. If I create or open a C# Web project, it is not listed. Am I missing something?? Do you have any Web project sample I can try to open?

Thanks..
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6121 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!