EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGP - Decrypt without secret Key

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 02/08/2008 10:22:30
by Bins Tom (Basic support level)

I am trying to evaluate the SBB version for my company.
I was able to succesfully run the PGPdemoVersion provided- Both encrypt and decryptandverify.
This works by passing both the public key and secretkey
However i have a requirement wherin only public keystr should be used.

I was able to encrypt a file using only public key. but decryption failed giving a message "No appropriate OpenPGP secret key for decryption found" .

Is there a way where secret key is optional.( for both encryption and decryption )

Any advice on the above is highly appreciable

Bins Tom

Posted: 02/08/2008 10:31:30
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

In asymmetric cryptography, public key is used for encryption and corresponding secret - for decryption.
With PGP you also could encrypt file with passphrase, which doesn't need public or secret keys.
Posted: 02/18/2011 08:23:40
by Neeharika Ilavala (Basic support level)

I am having the similar error while decrypting my files. I have encrypted my file using only the passphrase and not able to decrypt it and seeing the " No appropriate OpenPGP secret key for decryption found" error.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance,
Posted: 02/18/2011 08:32:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please show your exact code for encryption and decryption. If possible, create a test PGP-encrypted file and post it here together with the password for checking.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/18/2011 09:23:24

Thanks for your reply. I used BizCrypto OpenPGP Protect task to encrypt the file using only the Passphrase(my passphare is ukhealthcarebenefits) and used TripleDES in symmetric key algorithm.

I am trying to decrypt the file using the BizCrypto OpenPGP Unprotect task and getting the following error:
Information: 0x0 at BizCrypto OpenPGP Unprotect Task, OpenPGP Unprotect Task: OpenPGP Unprotect Task: Failed to load secret keys: Empty path name is not legal.
No appropriate OpenPGP secret key for decryption found.

PGP_Encrypted file:

U0¦ b*–»EÉÅÿOEð
,ÜÚöVUy3YÍ/áhKi›}7œ§Ô Ëd‡á¹
Ö<øDöÔ)µyçú8kÄ)IïÖÈŽb_\È>ç ¼£!©B¬dÉ䱿gÁaUÎw
W{ïüÀAT½ßØ j7ÄM,·6.µöUM0é%³hë«ñkNЏ7üˆg©‹J.É`ñi«[*@g%ciÎq¤Œð{°x ›ƒ7âËö7äÉ"3>U`À)"ó
+±ï{+ö+R,DvM³Ð•÷…úq°aò;h†F%+*iÓE‹ÙM~<(\ÓÒ ”:9œ¾Z±ƒ
ñÛ”e1´EÏ-í_;a5a?ZzÜÕon5û]-òà×Ežˆ¼~–®øÚR±|8Øîh‘/¼›z”Gö 2I½zD!ÓêÄgyíÈð¾¡7¾íç—íc‹:ìSL¹$1q.õý'Ž²qv=ÂÝaÇ}ùªò1p”¼ (^؆m­lÿWe£ø;…¦%©;ïÁhŽoƒÁ|¬:¼i²;΋Â~0ͦâA˜äõíêŃzÖý+¶@jÞŸi9É‘5#@2y(´¡ÏØ’à§Ë×Yìrs¦^W=±åGR‡Ò3é ]k,7å;é©žbÁêcÀJZØpßH@P>c’š¹%58w2á½3…[¦äcÿ

I was not able to upload the file so I posted it. Please let me know if you need more information.

Posted: 02/18/2011 09:27:49
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Could you add your file to a ZIP archive and then attach it to message.
Posted: 02/18/2011 09:30:17
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please assign paths to dummy keyrings to PublicKeyring and SecretKeyring properties (you can use the sample secbbox.pkr and secbbox.skr files included to the distribution) and try to process the encrypted file again.

The forum only accepts ZIP and TXT files. So please zip your file prior to posting it.
Posted: 02/18/2011 09:31:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Also you've chosen wrong forum to post your question. This is SecureBlackbox forum and your question is about different product (BizCrypto). Solutions to the problems are completely different.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/18/2011 09:36:25

Sorry for my mistake. I will create a new topic in BizCrypto and send the zip file.

Thanks for your patience,
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Topic viewed 5444 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!