EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Signer's Identity not valid

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 02/02/2008 02:17:25
by Gururaj R (Basic support level)

Error : Signer's Identity not valid because not added in the trusted root

I am using secureblackbox for generating the certificate and getting this error while trying to validate the signatures. Previously I had been here for this same question yet to find a solution.
Will getting the trial ssl certificate from verisign help me in solving this issue. If possible can anyone please give me some solution.

Posted: 02/02/2008 05:18:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

In order for the certificate chain to be correctly validated, the topmost (root) certificate of the chain (i.e. the certificate which is self-signed, also in cases when it's the only one certificate) must be trusted.

If the validating application uses Windows certificate storage for validating the chains, then you must have your root among the trusted roots in Windows certificate storage. This is done by placing the root certificate (of course, only public part) to Windows certificate storage, into Root or CA storages ( you need to test both , I don't remember if CA will work in all cases).

If the application uses it's own certificate storages (for example, Acrobat does this for one of signature mechanisms), then you need to place your root to the appropriate storage (in Acrobat there's a section for this).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/04/2008 05:47:14
by Gururaj R (Basic support level)

Thanks Eugene for your reply

As I mentioned I got the trial SSL certificate from verisign and installed it to the browser.

Can you tell me how to create root certificate and from the root how to create a client using that root certificate. It would be helpful for me if you provide me with some sample code.
Posted: 02/04/2008 06:05:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This doesn't work this way.

Please read the basics of certificate management in SecureBlackbox knowledgebase.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 2443 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!