EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSSHClient Environment

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 01/22/2008 06:00:09
by Andreas Kroeg (Standard support level)

Dear Support,

I have a question about the Environment property of the TElSimpleSSHClient. How can i set my own environment variables? Or how can i get the environment from the sshd server? Or is it not possible to use this property with the simple client.

We are using the SecureBlackbox 5 VCL, SFTPBlackbox client-only package.

Thank you.
Posted: 01/22/2008 06:14:23
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I have a question about the Environment property of the TElSimpleSSHClient. How can i set my own environment variables?

Please use the corresponding properties of the TElSimpleSSHClient.Environment object:

Client.Environment.Values['TEMP'] := '/tmp';

However, please keep in mind that a lot of servers ignore attempts to set environment variables due to security reasons.

Or how can i get the environment from the sshd server?

SSH protocol does not provide a built-in way for obtaining a list of environment variables, so you have to use some OS-dependent method (e.g. issuing the 'set' command and analysing its output for Win32-based servers).

Statistics

Topic viewed 1559 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!