EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

I want to remove other information inside the packet which I signed..

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/16/2008 08:44:40
by Kunte Lin (Basic support level)

Hi,

I have 3 questions that disturbed me.

(1).I have signed a text file and it became a "packet".When I send this packet to a server.The server couldn't recognize the packet.(The server has its own program to receive packet)
The reason is that the packet is not "pure".There are some surplus information in the packet.
How can I sign a "pure" packet without including surplus information.How can I modify the program?

(2).I am a Kylix/Free Pascal developer.Can I use the package "SecureBlackbox"?

(3).How can I use SHA1-RSA?

Best regards,
Tristan.
Posted: 01/16/2008 09:06:24
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

(1).I have signed a text file and it became a "packet".When I send this packet to a server.The server couldn't recognize the packet.(The server has its own program to receive packet)
The reason is that the packet is not "pure".There are some surplus information in the packet.
How can I sign a "pure" packet without including surplus information.How can I modify the program?

I do not understand your question, sorry. What exactly product and component are you talking about? What exactly protocol do you need to implement? What 'surplus' information you need to remove?

(2).I am a Kylix/Free Pascal developer.Can I use the package "SecureBlackbox"?

Yes.

(3).How can I use SHA1-RSA?

SHA1-RSA is a low-level cryptography algorithm used in many security protocols. Actually, all the protocols supported by SecureBlackbox allow signing data using SHA1-RSA algorithm. Please clarify the exact goal you need to achieve so that we could recommend you the necessary component.
Posted: 01/16/2008 20:49:24

I downloaded "SecureBlackbox" trial edition.
Then I used C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox\Samples\PKI\Messages\MessagesDemo.exe
I have my own Certificate Authority used in stocks transactions.
I created a text file,and used this program to sign this file.
The protocal between server and me is "socket".
The signed packet should only consist of encrypted text message and sign.
However, there are some information in it.
If you open the packet.txt which I attached.
You will see some unnecessary information inside it.(TAIWAN-CA.COM Inc.1907...International Securities Co....TAIWAN-CA.COM Inc.....TaiCA Financial .....)
Basicly I want to remove these unnecessary information.
How can I do it in the .pas file?
Thanks for your answering.

[ Download ]
Posted: 01/17/2008 01:50:26
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

You will see some unnecessary information inside it.(TAIWAN-CA.COM Inc.1907...International Securities Co....TAIWAN-CA.COM Inc.....TaiCA Financial .....)

Actually, this is NOT an unnecessary information. It is the body of the certificate that was used to create the signature, and it should be there according to the PKCS#7 specification.

Would you be so kind to point us at some standard that your application needs to be conformant to? There's a number of different digital signature standards, which are not compatible between each other. We need to know the exact standard to be able to advice you the components/settings to use.
Posted: 01/17/2008 17:17:16

If I use PKCS#12 standard.Should I see these information.
Thanks for answering.

Best regards,
Tristan.

[ Download ]
Posted: 01/17/2008 18:31:22

If I use PKCS#12 standard.Should I see these information?(TAIWAN-CA.COM Inc.1907...International Securities Co....TAIWAN-CA.COM Inc.....TaiCA Financial .....)
Thanks for answering.

Best regards,
Tristan.

[ Download ]
Posted: 01/18/2008 01:18:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

PKCS#12 is a certificate container specification, it's not data encryption and signing specification. PKCS#7 is for data encryption and signing.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/18/2008 05:39:00

If I want to use PKCS#12 and my certificate password to read the "key".
Then I want to use SHA1-RSA to encrypt the packet.
How can I do it?Is there any sameple code?
Thanks for answering.

Best regards,
Tristan.

[ Download ]
Posted: 01/18/2008 06:28:45
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Load the certificate and the key from PFX (PKCS#12) file using ElX509Certificate.LoadFrom*PFX() methods.

To encrypt the data you need to first define, what format you want the resulting data to be. You can encrypt the data using PKCS#1 or using PKCS#7. The choice depends on several factors, the main being what the receiver expects and understands.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2778 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!