EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Simple PGP

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 01/15/2008 12:27:10
by Justin H (Basic support level)

I'm trying to make a function to encrypt a file. Code Below:
Code
public void EncryptFile(string sourceFile,string destinationFile)
        {
            System.IO.FileStream inF, outF;
         System.IO.FileInfo info;

pgpWriter.Armor = true;
         pgpWriter.ArmorHeaders.Clear();
         pgpWriter.ArmorHeaders.Add("Version: EldoS OpenPGPBlackbox (.NET edition)");
         pgpWriter.ArmorBoundary = "PGP MESSAGE";
            pgpWriter.Compress = false;
            SBPGPKeys.TElPGPKeyring pubKeyring = new SBPGPKeys.TElPGPKeyring();
            pubKeyring.AddPublicKey((SBPGPKeys.TElPGPPublicKey)keyring.get_PublicKeys(0));//0 is prudential in this keyring
            pgpWriter.EncryptingKeys = pubKeyring;
            pgpWriter.SigningKeys = keyring;         
         pgpWriter.EncryptionType = SBPGP.TSBPGPEncryptionType.etPublicKey;         
         info = new System.IO.FileInfo(sourceFile);
         pgpWriter.Filename = info.Name;
            pgpWriter.InputIsText = false;
         pgpWriter.Passphrases.Clear();
         pgpWriter.Passphrases.Add("prudential");
            pgpWriter.Protection = SBPGPConstants.TSBPGPProtectionType.ptHigh;
            pgpWriter.SignBufferingMethod = SBPGP.TSBPGPSignBufferingMethod.sbmRewind;
         pgpWriter.SymmetricKeyAlgorithm = SBPGPConstants.Unit.SB_PGP_ALGORITHM_SK_3DES;
         //pgpWriter.HashAlgorithm = SBPGPConstants.Unit.SB_PGP_ALGORITHM_MD_SHA512;
         pgpWriter.Timestamp = DateTime.Now;
            pgpWriter.UseNewFeatures = false;
         pgpWriter.UseOldPackets = false;

inF = new System.IO.FileStream(sourceFile, System.IO.FileMode.Open);
         try
         {
            outF = new System.IO.FileStream(destinationFile, System.IO.FileMode.Create);
            try
            {
               pgpWriter.Encrypt(inF, outF, 0);               
            }
            finally
            {
               outF.Close();
            }
         }
         finally
         {
            inF.Close();
         }
        }

I know that the key is there, One key in the encrypting keys property. However when this runs it creates the file but doesn't put anything in it. I set my licence key earlier in the code but I'm obvioulsy missing something. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas, I need this ASAP :)
Posted: 01/15/2008 12:33:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) check the sample applications if they work with your PGP keys.
2) ensure that you set the license key.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/15/2008 12:44:30

The same files work, I copied and pasted the majority of the code above right out of the pgp file example. I know I am setting the license key earlier in the app. Is there a way I could call something at the beginning of this function that would tell me if the license key was good or not so I can cross that one off the list of possibilities? Assuming the license key is not the issue can you think of anything else that may cause this?

Thanks,
Justin
Posted: 01/15/2008 13:13:23

I remember similar questions several times before (and in the forum too), and the solution there was rather simple - a missing license key, not properly set input stream position etc. . But in your code everything besides the key seems to be ok.
If you can create a test case, post it together with your public keyring (no need for private keys!) to HelpDesk, I will run the code and see where the problem is.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/15/2008 14:05:35

Thanks Eugene,

I just submitted the ticket. Please feel free to email or call if you need any additional information. contact info in ticket.
Posted: 01/16/2008 15:10:55

Wrong license key appeared to be a problem. Also, it's SBB 4, where SetLicenseKey doesn't report license key problems. In SBB 5 and 6 invalid license keys are reported immediately via exception.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2249 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!