EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH server Remote port forwarding

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/22/2008 06:42:07
by aljaz (Standard support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Thank you for reporting about this. There's a small bug in the demo. Please find a fixed ForwardingThread.vb file attached.

Thank you for the GREAT support.
My SSH Server is working perfectly. I managed to connect to my MySQL servers through secure connections and I managed to get the data to my local server.

You've just got a customer :-)
Posted: 02/08/2008 12:54:37
by Jeffrey Chen (Basic support level)

Innokentiy, I found your discussion with aljaz is helpful. However, I have a similar problem but with C#. I need to implement SSH Server with client port forwarding functionality. The sample code SSHServer.NET_VS2005 doesn't have port forward capability. Do you have some sample code in C# for OnBeforeOpenClientForwarding and OnOpenClientForwarding? I believe that's all I need to extend the sample SSHServer to include the client port forwarding capability.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted: 02/08/2008 13:25:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please use the VB.NET sample as a guide. You can compile it to IL code then disassemble back to C# if you need it translated and can't do the translation yourself.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/16/2008 11:14:08
by joshua chen (Basic support level)

Hi,
Here is my issue:
I am using SSHServer and localPortForwarding samples. I started the SSH connection to SSHServer successfully. But when I stop the SSH connection from localportforwarding side, SSHServer still have SSH session instance opened. It only closes the SSH session after the idle timeout. I saw the TELSSHClient does call the Close() method. But SSHServer does not close the SSH session. The "keep alive if no active" flag is false. Is there any method in the client side needs to be called?

Thanks,
Joshua
Posted: 02/16/2008 12:29:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) Please don't post your *new* questions to old topics. New question -> new topic.
2) Specify the version number and edition of SecureBlackbox.
3) Try SBB 6 (RC1). The similar issue was reported and, if memory serves, solved some time ago.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/16/2008 15:02:40
by joshua chen (Basic support level)

I was using 5.2.121 before. I uninstalled that one and installed SBB 6 (RC1). It makes no differenance. It is very easy to reproduce it. Connect to SHHServer using localPortFrwarding client and SSHServer shows successful connection. Then click the "Stop" button in the client, SSHServer doesn't display any disconnect log message. If try to setup a connection again. SSHServer will say: Connection accepted. Active connectins 2 from 20.
I was doing this testing at a single machine. Don’t think this will make a difference.
Posted: 04/17/2014 10:03:32
by Anatoliy Avroniev (Basic support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but TElClientTCPForwardingSSH­­SubsystemHandler is not available for .NET edition at the moment.

Have you already implemented TElClientTCPForwardingSSH­­SubsystemHandler in .NET edition? I can not find them in SecureBlackbox.SSHServer assembly.
If not, how can I implement client TCP port forwarding on the server in .NET edition?
Posted: 04/17/2014 10:53:43
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

While this functionality is not shipped with the product out of the box, one of the ways of implementing it is illustrated in the SSHServerDemo sample.

The primary reason for not including it into the main distribution is technical complexity of implementing a universal forwarding solution that will match the whole range of existing requirements. Implementation of a robust server-side solution requires a lot of side work to do (mainly networking- and connection management-related), while we would prefer to concentrate on security aspects of the stack.

Ken
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8047 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!