EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH .net vs VCL edtion

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 01/03/2008 22:46:36
by Tony Caduto (Basic support level)

I feel pretty comfortable now with either the .net version or the VCL edition.
I was just wondering if there is a big performance difference between the two.

The VCL version I made with Synapse seems a lot snappier than the C# version, even with the slow time key of the demo version.

I want to start doing more with C#, but for this project I think speed and the fact that I can implement a native daemon with Kylix or Free Pascal would be a plus. You can do a daemon with Mono on Linux, but you can't handle the signals right in your application like you can with Kylix or FPC, at least that was the last time I checked for this kind of thing with Mono.

Posted: 01/04/2008 02:57:02
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The interface in both editions is almost the same. Internally the code is as close to each other as possible (from logical point of view), however there are many lower-level differences caused by the ideological differences between .NET and native programming.

The speed of both editions is complarable, with .NET being just a little bit slower.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1608 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!