EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH Client issue

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 12/18/2007 17:37:51
by Alexey Shestakov (Basic support level)

Hello, help me please to remove unexpected symbols from SSH Server replies.

Here is how reply looks:
[root@test]:(~)# ls
license.txt* smb/ tmp@
[root@test]:(~)#

And here is how it must look:
[root@test]:(~)# ls
license.txt* smb/ tmp@

Is it encoding issue or?

I'm using VCL for Delphi (7.0)
SimpleSSH Demo.
Posted: 12/19/2007 02:07:25
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

These "unexpected characters" are in fact terminal control characters. You need to use some terminal component to interpret control characters being sent by server correctly. SSHTerminal sample (SBB\Samples\SSH\Client\Terminal\) utilizes ICS terminal control for this purpose.
Posted: 12/19/2007 08:51:14

Thanks a lot!

Btw, where can I find some more info about these terminal characters and how to manage them.

May be there are other components controls ( TEmulVT from ICS is working very slowly ).
Posted: 12/19/2007 09:02:45
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Btw, where can I find some more info about these terminal characters and how to manage them.

There is a number of different terminal types, each using different control characters. Please use the corresponding terminal specifications to get information about control characters. Key words are vt100, vt220 and many others.

May be there are other components controls ( TEmulVT from ICS is working very slowly ).

Unfortunately, we cannot help you with this, as we deal with security, not with terminal emulation.
Posted: 12/19/2007 09:36:48

Thanks for key words.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2280 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!