EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unable to instantiate SBPGP.TElPGPReader

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 12/14/2007 14:28:26
by Ben Bader (Basic support level)

I'm attempting to use SSB PGP to decrypt emails arriving in a Sharepoint document library. We have a C# .NET mail handler that intercepts incoming emails and processes them, so the decryption was included in this handler. This handler's assembly is GAC'd, and so are the SBB DLL's - SecureBlackbox.dll, SecureBlackbox.PGP.dll, and SecureBlackbox.PKI.dll.

The problem is that, whenever the code attempts to instantiate a SBB object (of any type, not just the reader), a TypeInitializerException is immediately thrown. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Posted: 12/14/2007 14:32:25
by Ben Bader (Basic support level)

Oh, forgot to mention - we're using version
Posted: 12/14/2007 15:05:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your letter.

Unfortunately it can be anything. I suspect this is related to security in some way - the PKI assembly accesses unmanaged code and it's possible that the server prohibits this. There were similar questions in the forum about half a year ago, and there was a solution there. You might try to find the related posts.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1737 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!