EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CrytoAPI sample on PKIBlackBox?

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/13/2007 16:59:07
by Cesar Calvo (Standard support level)

Hello, and first of all excuses in advance if the question is already solved.
I have tried to read a big amount of messages in the forum and search, but I am newbie with cryptotoken and maybe I have not well searched.
The matter is that I am trying to extract private key from a smartcard and sign a pdf doc with it. First question is : it is possible? As far as I have read it is, but ...
And concerning pkcs#11/cryptoapi, I am trying to use now the last one and can not find a sample (only pkcs#11). Is there any based on cryptoapi? If not, which are the main differences of the classes in order to modify the pkcs#11 one?
Thanks in advance and kindest regards.
Posted: 12/14/2007 00:38:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You can't extract the private key from the smartcard. You can use it for PDF signing, though.

Cesar Calvo wrote:
And concerning pkcs#11/cryptoapi, I am trying to use now the last one and can not find a sample (only pkcs#11). Is there any based on cryptoapi? If not, which are the main differences of the classes in order to modify the pkcs#11 one?

What are you going to use CryptoAPI for?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/14/2007 00:57:26

What are you going to use CryptoAPI for?

Eugene, thank you for your quick answer.
I intended to use CryptoAPI for reading the private key of the smartcard. It is not necessary, maybe?
Regards
Posted: 12/14/2007 01:15:16

This is neither necessary nor possible - the smartcard doesn't give it. It only lets you use it, but the use of the private key is hidden by high-level classes in SecureBlackbox.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/14/2007 02:28:35

Thanks again for a very quick answer (Fantastic support!!!)
But I realized that (maybe because of my ignorance in this area), I have not explained very well what I would like to do.
I would like to sign the pdf doc with the private certificate of the smart card. As smartcard reader uses crytoapi for windows, I think I should use access to this storage using ElWinCertStorage.(right?)
After that, maybe I should use the Clone method of ElX509Certificate to copy this certificate, or maybe using the certificate object directly to sign the pdf.
It is possible? Is there any example of using EIWinCertStorage?
Regards
Posted: 12/14/2007 02:55:02

Cesar Calvo wrote:
I would like to sign the pdf doc with the private certificate of the smart card. As smartcard reader uses crytoapi for windows, I think I should use access to this storage using ElWinCertStorage.(right?)­

Yes.

Cesar Calvo wrote:
After that, maybe I should use the Clone method of ElX509Certificate to copy this certificate, or maybe using the certificate object directly to sign the pdf.

Create an instance of ElMemoryCertStorage class and add the chosen certificate to this instance. Then use the instance of ElMemoryCertStorage with ElPDFSigner. When you add the certificate, it's actually copied, but the copy knows, where it was taken from, so it will use the smartcard.

Cesar Calvo wrote:
Is there any example of using EIWinCertStorage?

Should the example be in Cobol or Fortran?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/14/2007 05:39:17

Thanks a lot again, more clear to start working.

Should the example be in Cobol or Fortran?

I was just looking for a C# .NET sample similar of the one who exists for PKCS#11 in Samples\PKIBlackbox\CerTokenDemo, but for Cryptoapi.

Regards

Posted: 12/14/2007 06:14:42

CertDemo sample can be found in PKIBlackbox folder. It shows how to work with WinCertStorage.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/14/2007 13:26:23

Right, Eugene. Sorry about that, I was so ofuscated with the word "token"...
Thank you again.
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2843 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!