EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

second set of headers

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 11/14/2007 15:54:38
by Peet Terluin (Standard support level)

Hello,

I have to deal with a very strange HTTP-server that sends two sets of HTTP-headers to my ElHttpsClient. It looks like the ElHttpsClient is expecting data, not headers, when the second set of headers arives and thinks this is reason enough to abort the receiving of data telling me: "Invalid server response. Maybe, you are connecting not to HTTP port?"

Is there a way to let the ElHttpsClient know he has to lookout for additional HTTP-headers coming from the server?

I am taking this problem to de makers of the service as well, but if there is a way of handling this in the ElHttpsClient it 'll probably be a lot quicker.

With regards,
Peet Terluin
Posted: 11/15/2007 01:14:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It is possible that the server first sends 100 responce, followed by the correct one. This is legitimate, but ElHTTPSClient should handle such situations. If you tell us the server address, we will be able to find out what exactly goes on there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/15/2007 08:22:08

Hello,

I attach 2 logs:
1 from a curl-script or programm that attaches to the same source
1 from my application I use for testing

In it are the urls used but I don't think these are public addresses.

But maybe you can tell me some more after viewing the logs.

With regards,
Peet Terluin

[ Download ]
Posted: 11/15/2007 10:07:49

Yes, it's 100 header that is not handled proerly for some reason. I've added the bug to ToDo list for fixing. The fix will go to SBB 6, whose beta versions are planned for the next 2-3 weeks.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2007 09:36:33

That is good news (I hope ...)
In the mean time, is there maybe a workaround to stop the "Invalid server response. Maybe, you are connecting not to HTTP port?" error from happening?

All I'm expecting is an XML file, it won't be difficult from me to dispose of some extra headers at the beginning.

I hope you can help me (again ...)

And I would like to say that I very pleased with the support you are giving!

With regards,
Peet Terluin
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:53:27

Unfortunately there's no workaround because the issue has not been investigated yet. The good news is that as you have VCL edition license, we will be able to give you a patch as soon as the issue is solved.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2007 14:14:41

Well, the code handles response 100 in my test case. I have improved handling in order to solve *possible* problems. I am moving your request to HelpDesk so that I can post the modified unit there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/16/2007 15:15:42

You've closed the ticket so it's not clear whether the patch solved the problem or now. Can you please tell me?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/17/2007 04:18:00

Yes I did close the ticket, saying "Great stuff! And very fast. Thanks a lot."

So the patch did indeed solve my problem (and presented my next problem offcourse ... but this one is "server-side")

Thanks again, with regards,

Peet Terluin
Posted: 11/17/2007 04:22:42

One last question on this topic: How to I rate the answers of techsupport
after closing the request?

With regards,
Peet Terluin

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4397 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!