EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problems Using SBB TElSimpleSFTPClient.

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 11/14/2007 05:20:54
by Nicolas Lemielle (Standard support level)

I had just download the trial version of secureblackbox because I must upload a file using SFTP protocol.

I'm novice in this technology.
So the solution SecureBlackBox is a top solution.

I test the sftp server with software WinSCP. With a host, login, port 22 en a keyfile.ppk. And It runs good.

So I'm trying to code in c# thanks to your component like this :

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient client = new SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient();
            SBSftp.TElSftpClient clienftp = new SBSftp.TElSftpClient();
                // SFTP
                client.Username = "coco_sftp";
                client.Address = "hostsftp.com";
                client.Port = 22;
                client.UseInternalSocket = false;
                client.CertAuthMode = SBSSHClient.TSBSSHCertAuthMode.camStandard;
                SBSSHKeyStorage.TElSSHKey keyprivate = new SBSSHKeyStorage.TElSSHKey();
                SBSSHKeyStorage.TElSSHMemoryKeyStorage key = new SBSSHKeyStorage.TElSSHMemoryKeyStorage();
                int ikey = keyprivate.LoadPrivateKey("C:\\id_dsa_client.ppk", "");
                client.KeyStorage = key;
                MessageBox.Show("Je suis connecté");
                client.UploadFile("C:\\readme.txt", "\\synchro\\incoming\\test.txt", SBSftpCommon.TSBSFTPFileTransferMode.ftmOverwrite);
            catch (Exception ex)

But when he is on client.Open(); ... no answer ... the program is freeze.(but already in status runningin Visual Studio).

I things that I have a problem with my code sequence.

Can you help me to say what I'm doing wrong ??

Thanks !!!

ps : sorry for my bad english)
Posted: 11/14/2007 06:58:12
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

1. Please use SimpleSFTP demo application (SBB\Samples\C#\SFTPBlackbox\SimpleSFTPDemo) as a guide. It illustrates all the tasks you are trying to achieve.

2. The following reasons may lead to the problem you are encountering:
- Public key authentication type is disabled (see AuthenticationTypes property),
- TElSSHKey object failed to load private key for some reason (check its return value),
- Some other error occured during SSH negotiation (handle the OnError event and check if it is fired).

Besides, UseInternalSocket set to false requires handling OnSend and OnReceive events to establish data exchange between your socket and TElSimpleSFTPClient. Please set it to true to make TElSimpleSFTPClient use its built-in socket.
Posted: 11/14/2007 09:09:12
by Nicolas Lemielle (Standard support level)

Great !! it runs !!
Thanks to you for your explaination !!
with this sample it was easy ;)

Tomorrow I 'll order a package.
I suppose that I will receive a license key to activate my evaluation package?

Thanks a lot. +++
Posted: 11/14/2007 09:41:15
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Great, thank you for letting us know.

I suppose that I will receive a license key to activate my evaluation package?

Yes. You will need to replace the evaluation license key you are currently using with the real one we will send to you.

Topic viewed 2996 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!