EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

sample vbscript to create self-signed certificates

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 11/12/2007 09:56:22
by Sheri Meyer (Standard support level)

We are trying to use vbscript along with pki blackbox to generate a self-signed certificate. Are there sample scripts? I didn't see any with the distirbution or on the support forums.

Thanks,

Bob
Posted: 11/12/2007 10:15:36
by Eugene Mayevski (Team)

Are you Bob or Sheri?

All available samples are always included to the installation. I will try to create one for you now.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/12/2007 10:26:18

Hi Eugene,

I'm Bob. My co-worker Sheri filled out the initial registration. I didn't realize that the forum was going to use her name for the post. We would appreciate it if you could put together a sample, it would be most helpful.

Bob
Posted: 11/12/2007 12:22:24

Unfortunately it looks like you can't use much of PKIBlackbox from VBScript due to limitations of VBScript. However, you have a license for .NET edition of PKIBlackbox, and VBScript uses ActiveX controls. You can't use .NET components directly. As I understand, you would need to create some middle layer anyway. So you can implement most of functionality in this layer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/13/2007 08:29:51

Thanks Eugene. That's a little disappointing since we wanted to create a self-signed certificate from Installshield by invoking pkiblackbox from vbscript. Do you have any other customers doing this? We can certainly write a utility using the .Net component, it's just not as clean of a solution.

Also, you changed our license key from the .net product to the activex/dll option. Can we change it back to the .net solution? Sorry for all the confusion.

Thanks,

Bob
Posted: 11/13/2007 09:46:42

If you stay with ActiveX edition, it's not hard at all to create a small utility in C++ or Delphi which will perform certificate generation. This can be an option too.

About the platform - let's finally define what you need :) and then we can revert the license to .net if needed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2558 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS business operates as a division of /n software, inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!