EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

sample vbscript to create self-signed certificates

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 11/12/2007 09:56:22
by Sheri Meyer (Standard support level)

We are trying to use vbscript along with pki blackbox to generate a self-signed certificate. Are there sample scripts? I didn't see any with the distirbution or on the support forums.

Thanks,

Bob
Posted: 11/12/2007 10:15:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Are you Bob or Sheri?

All available samples are always included to the installation. I will try to create one for you now.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/12/2007 10:26:18

Hi Eugene,

I'm Bob. My co-worker Sheri filled out the initial registration. I didn't realize that the forum was going to use her name for the post. We would appreciate it if you could put together a sample, it would be most helpful.

Bob
Posted: 11/12/2007 12:22:24

Unfortunately it looks like you can't use much of PKIBlackbox from VBScript due to limitations of VBScript. However, you have a license for .NET edition of PKIBlackbox, and VBScript uses ActiveX controls. You can't use .NET components directly. As I understand, you would need to create some middle layer anyway. So you can implement most of functionality in this layer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/13/2007 08:29:51

Thanks Eugene. That's a little disappointing since we wanted to create a self-signed certificate from Installshield by invoking pkiblackbox from vbscript. Do you have any other customers doing this? We can certainly write a utility using the .Net component, it's just not as clean of a solution.

Also, you changed our license key from the .net product to the activex/dll option. Can we change it back to the .net solution? Sorry for all the confusion.

Thanks,

Bob
Posted: 11/13/2007 09:46:42

If you stay with ActiveX edition, it's not hard at all to create a small utility in C++ or Delphi which will perform certificate generation. This can be an option too.

About the platform - let's finally define what you need :) and then we can revert the license to .net if needed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2303 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!