EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Simple signing a string with a private key.

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 05/30/2006 09:02:57
by Thomas Wegner (Basic support level)

Hello. I have a PCKS#12 certificate wich contains a private Key. With this private key i have to build a signature from a string. How can i do this? Was there a demo available?
Posted: 05/30/2006 09:14:01
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

There are a lot of methods you can use to sign some data (PKCS#1, PKCS#7, XML-SIG etc.). Which standard/specification should your signature be conformant to?
Posted: 05/30/2006 09:29:55
by Thomas Wegner (Basic support level)

It was no standard. It was a custom xml based information service. I get from the offerer a PKCS#12 certificate and have to build a signature string from the xml using the certificate, my password and SHA1. The offerer forbids publishing further details.
Posted: 05/30/2006 09:34:53
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the exact answer, since we do not know what do you need. Please consider using TElRSAPublicKeyCrypto/TElRSAKeyMaterial classes, you can create a variety of different signatures with them.
Posted: 05/31/2006 01:48:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thomas Wegner wrote:
have to build a signature string from the xml using the certificate, my password and SHA1. The offerer forbids publishing further details.

The Red Queen shook her head, 'You may call it "nonsense" if you like,' she said, 'but I'VE heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!'

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5622 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!