EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Signing PDF multi card

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:51:28
by markus kaercher (Basic support level)

i want to sign many pdf documents with a certificate which is installed on a multi smartcard in one step.

is it possible to enter only once the pin for accessing the certifacte to signing many pdf documents?

Posted: 10/19/2007 13:21:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I don't kno what "multi smartcard" is, but if you want to enter the pin once then the answer is as follows:

you can use CryptoAPI or PKCS#11 to access the smart card. In the first case you use ElWinCertStorage class, in second case you use ElPKCS11CertStorage class. With ElPKCS11CertStorage the answer is simple - you call Login method once and pass the PIN there. After Login succeeded, you can access certificates and use the token in other ways as much as you need within one application session (i.e. until the session terminates) or until your code calls Logout / Close.

With ElWinCertStorage your code accesses CryptoAPI. SmartCard drivers provide so-called CSPs to CryptoAPI. The CSPs ask for the pin themselves and usually cache the pin for application session lifetime so that the the user doesn't need to enter the pin multiple times. As said, this is specific to the driver.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1400 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!