EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Upgrading BlackBox

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 10/15/2007 14:26:14
by Kobin Bingham (Standard support level)

I really hope someone can help me...

I was trying to upgrade my SecureBlackBox to the latest version (first time i've tried this). I downloaded and ran the pre-compiled version and this caused many "can't find it" type errors when I restarted delphi 7. Then I noticed that using the source code download, I don't have to include the license key in my program, so I downloaded that. I'm trying to follow the Integration guide for Delphi 7, but when it says to open SecBBoxD7.bpg in Delphi I get

Unable to locate project C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox\Packages\SFTPBBoxSrvD7.dpk. The project reference has been removed from the project group.

For every package I use. Any idea what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix it?
Posted: 10/15/2007 23:57:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) There must be some clutter on your system... Have you removed the pre-compiled version before installing the source code version?
2) If you purchased an individual package (for example, SSLBlackbox), then you don't have some of the packages, which are not included with your license. The help file mentions this. So you can just ignore the missing packages. Of course if you purchased SecureBlackbox Standard or Professional license, then all packages (except XML and PDF for Standard) must be present.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/16/2007 09:38:42
by Kobin Bingham (Standard support level)

I hope i'm not being too dense here, but how would you go about removing the pre-compiled version? Should I remove both versions and then reinstall the source code version?
Posted: 10/16/2007 10:54:50
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

First run uninstall. Then delete the directory to which you installed SecureBlackbox. Finally, remove all files as described in the neighbour topic: http://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=7&TID=765
Then install the source code version and compile it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1599 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!