EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem in element "SigningCertificate"

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 10/11/2007 06:59:17
by Nuno Guedes (Basic support level)

ok, i discovered that "http://www.w3.org/2000/0­9/xmldsig#" is present when i simple sign a file.

but when i sign and add a timestamp the namespace dont appear.

Bogatskyy wrote:
i send in attachment the code that generate the signature.

Your code is working ok for me.
What version of SecureBlackbox are you using?
The latest one? In that case, please, check that your application references correct assemblies.

in the code that i attached before, u tried to add a timestamp?
Posted: 10/11/2007 08:11:00

overview:

i am using v124 now.

Im am testing SimpleSigner, only add some lines to add the certificate to SignedProperties.

Code

//ADD CERTIFICATE TO SIGNEDPROPERTIES ON SIGNINGCERTIFICATE
XAdESSigner.SigningCertificates = new SBCustomCertStorage.TElMemoryCertStorage();
XAdESSigner.SigningCertificates.Add(Cert, false);

If i sign without TimeStamp the xml output is correct.
If i sign with TimeStamp the xml output is incorrect: the SigningCertificate elements dont have the namespace ande the SignaturePolicyIdentifier element disappear (if set as implied).

Am i doing anything wrong?

thanks
Posted: 10/11/2007 15:38:25
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

I think, I reproduced this.
Please, try with attached assembly (it is for .Net 2.0 version 5.2.124), you will need to replace existing one in the GAC.

the SignaturePolicyIdentifierelement disappear (if set as implied)

SignaturePolicyIdentifier element is not required from version 1.2.2, if XAdES form is not XAdES-EPES.
So, in your case, when you added TimeStamp (XAdES-T) element SignaturePolicyIdentifier become optional.
If you want to include this element, add following line:
XAdESSigner.QualifyingProperties.SignedProperties.SignedSignatureProperties.SignaturePolicyIdentifier.SignaturePolicyImplied = true;

Thank you.

[ Download ]
Posted: 10/16/2007 05:10:58

Bogatskyy wrote:
the SignaturePolicyIdentifierelement disappear (if set as implied)

SignaturePolicyIdentifier element is not required from version 1.2.2, if XAdES form is not XAdES-EPES.
So, in your case, when you added TimeStamp (XAdES-T) element SignaturePolicyIdentifier become optional.
If you want to include this element, add following line:
XAdESSigner.QualifyingProperties.SignedProperties.SignedSignatureProperties.SignaturePolicyIdentifier.SignaturePolicyImplied = true;

Yes, it works thanks.

Bogatskyy wrote:
I think, I reproduced this.
Please, try with attached assembly (it is for .Net 2.0 version 5.2.124), you will need to replace existing one in the GAC.

I replace the assembly in the references of SimpleSigner to the assembly that you attached, but it produce the same result.
Posted: 10/16/2007 05:35:50

I replace the assembly in the references of SimpleSigner to the assembly that you attached, but it produce the same result.

Please, check that this assembly loaded in output tab.
Posted: 10/16/2007 05:40:58

Bogatskyy wrote:

Please, check that this assembly loaded in output tab.

'SimpleSigner.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\XMLBlackbox\Signer\bin\Debug\SecureBlackbox.XML.dll', No symbols loaded.

after i replaced the assembly in project references i rebuilded the project, in this way i imagine that the assembly referenced by output its the newer one, right?
Posted: 10/16/2007 06:55:24

Should be the right one. You can compare assemblies, for example by date.
So, in new saved file the prefix for DigestMethod element under CertDigest didn't changed to "ds"?
Could you post a code for your save method.
Posted: 10/16/2007 07:56:02

no changes. In attachment i send 2 printscrens with the differences between a signed document time stamped and the same document signed without signature.

I inclede the mainform code too, i only add proxy information and the lines 879 880 and 892.

[ Download ]
Posted: 10/16/2007 08:36:05

In the withTimestamp xml, the DigestMethod and etc. under xades:Cert has a default namespace uri equal to "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#", because it was set so in the Signature element and wasn't overridden later.
In the sample comment the line:
XAdESSigner.QualifyingProperties.XAdESPrefix = "xades";
And check the changes.

P.S. As for withoutTimestamp xml, in following example xmlns="..." not necessary, but it ok with it. I will check this.
Posted: 10/16/2007 08:36:20

i discovered that if i comment the line

Code
XAdESSigner.QualifyingProperties.XAdESPrefix = "xades";

the "ds" appear.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 10777 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!