EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSHSFTPSocketServer sample error on disconnect

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 05/29/2006 13:04:39
by R B (Basic support level)

When I compile and run SSHSFTPServerSocket sample and connect to it using Putty, all ok. But when I disconnect from server, fatal exceptioon occurs. What can it be?

Access violation at address 00419426 in module sshsftpserverdemo.exe. read of address 00000008
Posted: 05/29/2006 13:16:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This can be anything, but this is related to the sample only (i.e. not the components themselves). We will review the server samples (for both VCL and .NET) for SecureBlackbox 5.0.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/30/2006 01:10:29
by R B (Basic support level)

I've solved it by commenting two lines in code. Actually, the error was initiated by calling FreeAndNil method to the instances of TList object. SSHServerDemo has an alike problem. But SFTPServer demo is ok. I have 'nt tested other demos yet.

I think, your components are very well-done and it is strange for me to see such bugs in sample code. But...
Even Microsoft sample code often contain errors.
Posted: 05/30/2006 05:11:48
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Usually those developers, who create code, don't create samples and vice versa. That's the reason. We plan to pay attention to samples in SecureBlackbox 5.x, when we implement all planned features and have resources for the samples.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4133 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!