EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TelSSHLocalPortForwarding causing 100% CPU

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 09/26/2007 13:57:09
by R G (Standard support level)

Hello:

I am establishing a RemoteDesktop connection through a TelSSHLocalPortForwarding tunnel -- setting up the server login and the tunnel works fine, but once I start the tunneled connection by launching RemoteDesktop, the CPU goes to 100% and stays that way until I shut down the connection (by closing RemoteDesktop).

Although RemoteDesktop works through the tunnel, it is sluggish due (I believe) to the massive drain on the client CPU.

If I set up the tunnel using Putty instead, this doesn't happen, and there is no sluggishness at all in RemoteDesktop.

I've tried enabling and disabling compression, and set TSBSSHForwardingPriority.sfpHigh, neither of which helped.

Please advise -- I appreciate it, thanks.
Posted: 09/26/2007 14:51:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please specify the used edition (.NET, VCL, ActiveX) and version of SecureBlackbox. The version can be found in <SecureBlackbox>\changes.txt file.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/26/2007 14:55:29

Sorry, it is the .NET edition. I have a vendor-level developer license. Thanks again.
Posted: 09/26/2007 14:58:12

Oops, forgot the version: 5.2.121 (released 9-14-07)
Posted: 09/26/2007 15:57:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

One last question please - does the problem happen with the sample application?
Your answers will help Innokentiy to diagnose and solve the problem quicker.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/26/2007 16:22:01

I don't think it is -- although it's a bit hard to tell. Although I put in my license key to the sample program, I get the evaluation version pop-up windows warning about the 1.5 second delay, etc. My vendor license is for the SSH client-server components -- are the popups happening because of the reference to secureblackbox.pki in the sample app? I don't get any pop-up windows when I run my own app -- but I don't have references to secureblackbox.pki, only the ssh-related ones.

However, even with the pop-ups and the extremely slow launching of remote desktop (due to the 1.5 second delay), the CPU did not seem to spike up to 100% like it does when I run my own app...

If you can send me a temporary code to load into the sample app, I'll be able to tell you for sure...

And thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly on my question!! I greatly appreciate it!
Posted: 09/27/2007 02:25:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

There's no sense in comparing the speeds of evaluation and 'real-world' cases due to intentional delays during execution. Please check that you are not calling SetLicenseKey twice (with real and evaluation license keys). Please also check that you have rebuilt the demo with your real key.
Posted: 09/27/2007 08:50:03

Sorry about that -- I was calling SetLicenseKey twice (I added my own to the designer for the sample app, without deleting the original one in the code). Once I fixed that, the sample app ran without any pop-ups or the time delay.

However, this confirms that the sample app has the same problem -- upon opening Remote Desktop through the tunnel, the CPU goes to 100% and stays there until I close the connection.
Posted: 09/27/2007 08:53:34
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you. We will try to find out the reason for such CPU load and get back to you soon.
Posted: 10/18/2007 10:26:43

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Thank you. We will try to find out the reason for such CPU load and get back to you soon.

Hello:

Thanks again for your excellent work on these SSH components and your responsiveness to questions, etc. Any progress on this CPU issue? My app is basically done except for this problem -- can I provide any assistance or answer any questions?

I greatly appreciate it.
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5102 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!