EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Little bug with loading pfx file

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 09/19/2007 09:17:14
by Tomasz Kaczanowski (Standard support level)

I found a little problem, I've got a pfx file without password. When I try load this certificate, function return error 7955 (SB_PKCS12_ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD). I can add this certificate to windows storage without problem.
Posted: 09/19/2007 09:30:50
by Ken Ivanov (Team)

Thank you for your message.

It is likely that the problem is specific to your particular certificate. Please try to (a) generate a certificate with CertDemo sample, (b) save it to PFX file (with no password), and then © try to load it. If you will get the same error, please check if you are using the latest SecureBlackbox build (5.2.121).
Posted: 09/20/2007 04:22:57
by Tomasz Kaczanowski (Standard support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Thank you for your message.

It is likely that the problem is specific to your particular certificate. Please try to (a) generate a certificate with CertDemo sample, (b) save it to PFX file (with no password), and then © try to load it. If you will get the same error, please check if you are using the latest SecureBlackbox build (5.2.121).

Ok I tested with this version and with older one. When I generate certificate cerddemo compiled with older version of library, there is the same problem, when I generate using program compiled ith newest version is ok, problem is, that certificate was generated by openssl system and it doesn't work with newest version also.
Posted: 09/20/2007 04:33:21
by Eugene Mayevski (Team)

The problem does exist (I've reproduced it myself here). Innokentiy will investigate the issue.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/21/2007 10:41:56

Unfortunately my alarm was the false one, so in order to reproduce the problem we do need a certificate from you (the one you have problems with).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/14/2017 12:49:36
by Subramanian Balan (Basic support level)

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. We are using the latest version of Secure Black Box. As I see this thread has stopped abruptly, can you please suggest what could have been the root cause for this issue? And is there a quick solution or work-around for this?

I can share more details and the pfx file, if needed. Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Subramanian
Posted: 04/14/2017 16:51:17
by Ken Ivanov (Team)

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

It would be great if you could share the PFX file and its password with us so that we could investigate the problem further. As far as I remember from the original topic, the issue was related to a specific encryption algorithm used in the certificate. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then, so I doubt that the original cause is the case with your certificate. I hope to be more specific after having a closer look at your certificate.

Ken
Posted: 04/15/2017 07:08:23

Subramanian, to add to Ken's answer, the best way to pass the files is to create a support request in the HelpDesk which lets you attach any files under 3 Mb (the forum allows only small attachments of certain file types like images and .txt files).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3917 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS business operates as a division of /n software, inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!