EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Little bug with loading pfx file

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 09/19/2007 09:17:14
by Tomasz Kaczanowski (Standard support level)

I found a little problem, I've got a pfx file without password. When I try load this certificate, function return error 7955 (SB_PKCS12_ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD). I can add this certificate to windows storage without problem.
Posted: 09/19/2007 09:30:50
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your message.

It is likely that the problem is specific to your particular certificate. Please try to (a) generate a certificate with CertDemo sample, (b) save it to PFX file (with no password), and then © try to load it. If you will get the same error, please check if you are using the latest SecureBlackbox build (5.2.121).
Posted: 09/20/2007 04:22:57
by Tomasz Kaczanowski (Standard support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Thank you for your message.

It is likely that the problem is specific to your particular certificate. Please try to (a) generate a certificate with CertDemo sample, (b) save it to PFX file (with no password), and then © try to load it. If you will get the same error, please check if you are using the latest SecureBlackbox build (5.2.121).

Ok I tested with this version and with older one. When I generate certificate cerddemo compiled with older version of library, there is the same problem, when I generate using program compiled ith newest version is ok, problem is, that certificate was generated by openssl system and it doesn't work with newest version also.
Posted: 09/20/2007 04:33:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The problem does exist (I've reproduced it myself here). Innokentiy will investigate the issue.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/21/2007 10:41:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately my alarm was the false one, so in order to reproduce the problem we do need a certificate from you (the one you have problems with).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2335 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!